Focal Atypia Columnar Cell Hyperplasia
I recently had a stereotactic biopsy and results came back OK, except it is called Focal Atypia Columnar Cell Hyperplasia and he wants to surgery to clean the area out where he took the biopsy.  I am scared of what the results might come back as, and scared of the procedure also.  Please advise. thanks so much
You shouldn't be scared at this point ... you already know what the results are from the biopsy report. Anytime Atypical cells are found it is recommended that the area be completely removed surgically. The procedure would be nothing to be terribly concerned about; you will be asleep and the procedure would not take more than half an hour. This would be an outpatient procedure and recovery should be uneventful. This is something that should definitely be done to prevent something more serious in the future.   Kindest regards ....