Breast Cancer Community
Focal asymmetry
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Focal asymmetry

I'dt like to hear who has had this diagnosis and what the outcome was.  I am a 4 year survivor to the left breast, but this finding is to the right.
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Focal asymmetry means that there is an area in you right breast that does not appear normal as compared to the rest of the tissue.
When this happens a diagnostic mammogram is needed to focus on the area so a diagnosis can be made.Very often the density will disappears upon compression indicating that it could have simply been tissue that folded over on itself.If the density remains, then further investigation will be recommended.
This could be really nothing,like it happened to me 2 years ago.When I had a spot compression mammogram,the abnormality disappeared and my radiologist said that it was simply folded tissue that appeared like a shadow/density.
Try not to worry too much.A breast density is really a non-specific finding that may not indicate something serious.Just follow your doctor's advice and have this abnormality further investigated to reach a correct diagnosis.
Wishing you all the best and I am hoping for benign results!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank