Follow-up after negative stereotactic biopsy results
I had microcalcifiations on mammogram.  Follow-up mam in 6 mos. showed new calcifications.  Had six tissue samples in stereotactic procedure.  Hoping results are neg.  If negative, will I be having more frequent mams and/or biopsies?

This discussion is related to Lump after stereotactic biopsy.
It's hard to say. My 2005 routine mammogram showed that I had "microscopic calicifications of a suspicious origin" in my right breast. I had a surgical biopsy since the calcifiations were situated in an area where a stereotactic (needle)  procedure couldn't be performed. The results returned negative (benign). In late 2007, my annual mammogram revealed, yet, more calcifications had developed in almost the exact same location as the 2005 ones. This time, a stereotactic biopsy was done. Again, the biopsy retuned with negative findings. My recent diagnostic mammogram of 2 weeks ago determined that my calcifications were deemed to have a 95% chance of being benign; but, the report fell short of saying that my mammogram is "normal." I suppose that the word "normal" is avoided, especially if an abnormality exists. And, calcifications would definately fall under that category. The report also mentioned that I should follow up in a year which, is what I would do, anyway, for a yearly mammogram. So, like I said, it's really hard to say with these crazy calcifications. According to my surgeon, calcifications are rarely, if ever, cancerous. What concerns doctors is the surrounding tissue where the calcifications tend to develop. I hope that this info helps. Best wishes on your outcome.
Possibly a re-check mammogram in 3 or 6 months to assess the stability of the microcalcifications. After the first re-check you might be told to go back to yearly mammos. Biopsies only when indicated by some suspicious finding.  Regards