Breast Cancer Community
Found Bruise and Lump in my Left Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Found Bruise and Lump in my Left Breast

3010038?1212872599
Yesterday my husband saw a nasty looking bruise on my left breast. It is about 4cm Diameter. I felt around the bruise last night in bed and found a lump there. I hope by this morning it would have gone away, but the lump is still there. About golf ball size, right under the bruise.
I can not remember hitting my breast in any way and hence have no idea how the bruise came about.
Should I be worried? I feel scared that this could be cancer, although my family has no history of breast cancer at all.
Please can you give me some information?
Thank you.
A bruise is bleeding under the skin usually due to some form of injury;even one you might not be aware of. The lump could very well be a hematoma. Often a lump is accociated with a bruise. It might take some time to absorb (go away) but if it remains for over a week or so I would certainly have it checked out.
Just from the picture, I would have it checked out right away.
Of course I cannot know what this is, but I was diagnosed with Inflammatory bc last year and  much of what you are saying, and from what I am seeing, worries me enough to suggest you see a doctor. In my case the thing grew rapidly.
So, i do not intend to scare you, but I am just worried since I know that even if this is very rare, it looks suspicious to me.
I am going through the very same thing.  I woke up this past Tuesday with a bruise on my left brest around the nipple area.  No discharge or tenderness.  The bruise was more green and yellow in color.  However, yesterday I noticed a lump about the size of a golf ball under the bruised area.  My family has no history of breast problems.  I am terrrified.  I am going to set up a mammorgram for tomorrow if possible.  Mammorgrams are painful to me so I do not get them regularly.  I am perimenopausal.  I would recommend that you follow up with your ob/gyn and get the necessary testing done as soon as possible.  I know it is scary...but get it chaeked out.  If the it is the worst--the earlier detection the better chance you will have to be healed.

My prayers are with you,
Go see your doctor.  If it is nothing, the doctor will tell you that and you will celebrate.  If it is serious, the earlier it is dealt with the better off you are.  DON'T WAIT.
A related discussion, lump after bruise was started.