Breast Cancer Community
Get Benign lump removed?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Get Benign lump removed?

I'm 25 years old and have 2 lumps in my right breast they have both been biopsied and came back with benign results. Should I get them removed? I don't have any pain but am told even biopsies are not 100% accurate. Another concern I have is that I have never had a lump and now have a 3rd one a few months later.... Why is it that all of a sudden so many are coming about?

What would the surgery procedure be like? What are the risks associated with it?

Also what are the pros and cons for keeping and removing it. I just want to make sure I have all the information I need before I make my decision.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
You state that the lumps were benign at biopsy but didn't say exactly what they were. Biopsies are very accurate. If these lumps are Firbroadenomas they are benign breast tumors and can be left alone unless they cause you discomfort or are troublesome due to their size. They can also be removed but they may well continue to form. The removal would be a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia and with any surgical procedure there are risks to be considered. General anesthesia itself is a risk, and then there is always risk of infection after surgery. These things are not at all common but they are considered risks nevertheless. Every new finding in the breast does need to be investigated to some degree .... mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy. Just because one lump is benign doesn't mean that another one will be also. Have a good serious talk with your Surgeon and ask, ask, ask until you are comfortable with the answers so you can make an informed decision. Regards .....
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank