Aa
A
A
Close
1102211 tn?1430690401
Granulomatous Mastitis info
Hi, does anyone know of any links between the mirena coil or hormones in general and granulomatous mastitis?  Had a mirena for 5 years, then it was replaced.  Two months later I got a breast abscess, then hormones all over the place followed by having to have a hysteroscopy, removal of the coil and a full abdominal ablation.  A week after my operation I found a large breast lump which has now been diagnosed as GM.  Is there a hormonal link does anyone know??   Rhuematology has ruled out any findings?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
25201 tn?1255584436
I don't know of any connection between G.Mastitis and the Mirena Coil although the Coil has many side effects other than those listed for the device. G.Mastitis is a benign breast infection of unknown origin and often quite difficult to treat.  Regards ....
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1102211 tn?1430690401
I just wanted someone to chat to really.  I was diagnosed with GM in October 2009 after having had 4 biopsies and being diagnosed with breast cancer. After lots more blood tests etc they I have been told they don't know what has caused it.  I have found no-one here in the UK with it so far and have just been reading all the posts. I just seems so rare and is really frustrating.  I am not on any medication as the lumps have been resolving themselves, but I was hurting and itching yesterday and today there has been pus and blood from the biopsy sight for the first time. Not sure what I should do?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources