Granulomatous Mastitis
Please help ... would just like someone to talk to.  I had mammogram, scans & 4 biopsys taken.  I was told to prepare myselft and my family for the worst, which I did.  A week later I was told it wasn't Breast cancer but they didn't know what it was.  I was then told I definately didn't have cancer but it was a very rare chronic condition called Granulomatous Mastitis.  This site is the only one I have found that offers support.  I have been to see a Rheumatologist who did 9 blood tests and a chest x-ray.  My appointment for the results was this afternoon ... all have come back clear so is referring me back to my Breast Consultant?  I am in pain, so tired and emotionally drained after all I have been through and would just love some advice or someone to talk to x
So sorry that you are going through all this worries and pain....but the good thing in all of this is that you don't have breast cancer ..and you must feel very relieved after all the anxiety waiting for the pathologist results.

Now,granulomatous mastitis is a benign inflammatory breast disease of unknown origin that usually affects young women of childbearing age but can also affect older women. The recommended treatment for granulomatous mastitis is complete resection or open biopsy with corticosteroid therapy. The chances of recurrence are high and so a regular follow up is essential.The only advice that I could give you at this time is to try to relax and take one step at a time so you can calmly proceed with whatever treatment your breast specialist will plan for you.You have found the right Forum here, where many wonderful women will help you go through whatever is troubling you .I am glad to know that also your blood tests and chest x-ray came back clear.Please post again and let us know how things are going.Take care and God Bless.