HELP!
I found a lump in my left breast about 2 weeks ago. I had an ultrasound done today and the doctor said he couldnt see anything, but he felt the large lump. I am on a waiting list for a biopsy and dont know when Ill get it. The doctor said he had no idea what it was. Has this happened to anyone else? Im getting impatient about finding out if its cancer or not. Any advice would be much appreciated
Please don't panic,this could be one of many benign lumps, such as cysts or a fibroadenomas which are very common.
Take comfort in knowing that a large lump that appeared only 2 weeks ago,is HIGHLY unlikely to be cancer,especially at your young age.
Not all palpable lumps will appear on an ultrasound or mammogram. Each test has it's limitations and what it can pick up.For example an ultrasound is better at differentiating between a mass that is solid or fluid filled.A solid mass may or may not show up on Ultrasound...When this happens, it is usually recommended that the lump be biopsied to see what it is exactly.
A fine needle aspiration(FNA) is a quick simple procedure.Fluid will come out if it's a cyst.If not, tissue in the needle can be examined under the microscope for a definite diagnosis.
Hoping that all will turn up just fine for you...
Best wishes and good luck!
That just made me feel a million times better! Thank you!! :)
A related discussion, Pus under the breast was started.