Breast Cancer Community
Hard Lump
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard Lump

I had a mammogram done and it came back that I had a mass in my right breast. I had an ultrasound done and it showed three cysts in the area. They were not concerned about it being cancer, and I was told if they were there in three months to go back for a recheck. The other night I rolled to my left side, on the right side in the same area of the cysts I have a hard lump like a rock. It is painful. Breast cancer runs in the family. My mom, grandmother and two aunts on my moms side. Note: moms cancer did hurt. I'm going to see if I can get rechecked this week. Am I being too over cautious. I read that hard lumps aren't good. I also have fibro cystic breasts.
Related Discussions
  • lump (1 replies):
    i had a ultrasound done on my left breast b/c of a lump ...[more]
  • Breast Lumps (1 replies):
    I am 37 and I recently discovered a lump in each of my b...[more]
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    What is the difference in the feel of a cycstic lump com...[more]
  • Hard Lump (2 replies):
    I had a mammogram done and a mass in my right breast was...[more]
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    I am 29 yrs old .I was checking my breasts and Ifound o...[more]
2 Comments
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
If you are terribly concerned then you aren't being over cautious. These lumps (cysts or Fibroadenomas) can feel solid. Both of course are benign and some cysts can contain both liquid and solid. There would certainly be no harm in seeing your Dr. for a clinical exam and possibly another Ultrasound if any changes are detected. Regards .....
Blank
914336_tn?1243108903
Thank you so much. Another ultrasound is what I'm going to ask for, I don't think I can take another mammogram. It was extremely painful on the right side the first time I had it done. Again, thanks :)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank