Breast Cancer Community
Hard Lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hard Lump

I had a mammogram done and it came back that I had a mass in my right breast. I had an ultrasound done and it showed three cysts in the area. They were not concerned about it being cancer, and I was told if they were there in three months to go back for a recheck. The other night I rolled to my left side, on the right side in the same area of the cysts I have a hard lump like a rock. It is painful. Breast cancer runs in the family. My mom, grandmother and two aunts on my moms side. Note: moms cancer did hurt. I'm going to see if I can get rechecked this week. Am I being too over cautious. I read that hard lumps aren't good. I also have fibro cystic breasts.
If you are terribly concerned then you aren't being over cautious. These lumps (cysts or Fibroadenomas) can feel solid. Both of course are benign and some cysts can contain both liquid and solid. There would certainly be no harm in seeing your Dr. for a clinical exam and possibly another Ultrasound if any changes are detected. Regards .....
Thank you so much. Another ultrasound is what I'm going to ask for, I don't think I can take another mammogram. It was extremely painful on the right side the first time I had it done. Again, thanks :)