Hardening
I feel not a lump but more like large area hardening deep down - on the side of my left breast - near underarm,  it doesn't feel like a lump but larger mass deep down in the breast. My right breast also has similar area but smaller. If I press hard enough, it hurts (in both breasts). Should I be concerned?
I'd get my gyne to schedule a mammogram and an ultrasound to see what that is. Best wishes.
I would be really concerned if this hardening was limited to one breast, I mean really concerned. But in both breasts this sounds more like fibrocystic breast disease. Still, I would go to the doctor and make sure it's nothing to worry about.  Best, Katrin
PLEASE see you OBGYN of MD for a mammogram. If it is nothing then no harm done right? I had my first at 40, not the 50 recommended, if I hadn't, I might not be here today as they got it in time, and only had to do radiation and that was 7 years ago this month! Don't wait please.
Will have mammogram next month.
Thank you so much for your advice!
AND Ultrasound! Mammograms do not pick up all cancers. It did NOT pick up my cancer and it was 10 cm. If you don't ask for the ultrasound in advance they won't do it. FYI
Thinking out you and praying things are better. Hope you have had your mammagram and the news is good.