Hardness, Soreness and Pain.
Over the past couple of days, my right nipples has been completely hard and tender. It also hurts most of the time without being touched unless i take a motrin or something. as far as i can tell, the pain it mostly centered behind the nipple. it feels like there are lumps around my areola, but i'm not sure if i'm just imagining them because i'm freaking out. it's been like this for more than 24 hours. is that normal? please help!
It's normal for teenagers to feel this kind of pain,due to hormonal changes in the body.
You could try the following measures first.Wear lose clothes,warm compresses at the site of pain, plenty of fluids, avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking.
You could use over the counter pain killers, but if the pain still persists and if you notice any nipple discharge,skin changes,any lump or inverted nipple,you will need to schedule an appointment and see your physician for a clinical evaluation.
Best wishes...