Breast Cancer Community
Hardness, Soreness and Pain.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hardness, Soreness and Pain.

Over the past couple of days, my right nipples has been completely hard and tender. It also hurts most of the time without being touched unless i take a motrin or something. as far as i can tell, the pain it mostly centered behind the nipple. it feels like there are lumps around my areola, but i'm not sure if i'm just imagining them because i'm freaking out. it's been like this for more than 24 hours. is that normal? please help!
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
It's normal for teenagers to feel this kind of pain,due to hormonal changes in the body.
You could try the following measures first.Wear lose clothes,warm compresses at the site of pain, plenty of fluids, avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking.
You could use over the counter pain killers, but if the pain still persists and if you notice any nipple discharge,skin changes,any lump or inverted nipple,you will need to schedule an appointment and see your physician for a clinical evaluation.
Best wishes...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...