Breast Cancer Community
Help!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Help!?

I am a 39 yr old female, for the last few days both of my nipples have been itching and driving me crazy. Sometimes it feels like the whole breast is itching but I feel it most in the nipples.
I get yearly mamograms due to breast pain but they have always been normal. Any ideas?  Should I be worried??
1 Comment

Have you noticed any discharges from the site? Have you had injuries or trauma?
Do you see any swelling or redness? Have you been able to do a self-exam of your breasts? Do you notice any skin changes at the site?

It is difficult to give a confirmed diagnosis without a proper clinical examination. There fore, you should visit your doctor to get a firm diagnosis. Meanwhile you can try wearing lose clothes and anti-histamines to give you some relief.

Do let us know what your doctor says and in case you have any more questions let us know. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Best regards.