Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Highly suspicious along chest wall
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Highly suspicious along chest wall

By ultrasound I have a solid 12 mm spiculated mass along the chest wall with some shadowing. This maybe attached to the chest wall according to radioalogy report.   Excisiional biopsy was suggested.
It's being removed for testing aug 5th.
My question is, what if it is attached to the chest wall?  What are my changes for survival?  Will they take out muscle?  How would that effect me if they take out muscle, could I use my left arm?

bannh