Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Highly suspicious along chest wall

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Highly suspicious along chest wall

By ultrasound I have a solid 12 mm spiculated mass along the chest wall with some shadowing. This maybe attached to the chest wall according to radioalogy report.   Excisiional biopsy was suggested.
It's being removed for testing aug 5th.
My question is, what if it is attached to the chest wall?  What are my changes for survival?  Will they take out muscle?  How would that effect me if they take out muscle, could I use my left arm?

bannh
Avatar n tn
Dear bannh, The biopsy will give more information as to what this actually is, as well as if further surgery would be needed.  If the biopsy comes back positive for cancer, discussions regarding the best way to manage the cancer that may be remaining would be discussed.  If it is cancer and in the chest wall some type of combination of therapies surgery, radiation and chemotherapy togethermay be used to treat the cancer with as little lasting damage to you.
1 Comment
A related discussion, secondary breast cancer with liver mastases was started.