Breast Cancer Community
History of Breat Cancer..yipes!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

History of Breat Cancer..yipes!

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and my grandmother passed away from it before her.  It is well assumed that my little sister and I are doomed to get it.  About five years ago I found a lump in my left breast a little above the nipple region and slightly further to the left.  I went and had it examined by a doctor and she said that it was caused by an increase in caffeine consumption.  I took it for what it was and went along with my life, but I have noticed this lump again due to my mother's diagnosis.  I am 26 years old.  The lump is tender sometimes, and my period is not very regular so I cannot link the soreness to my cycle.  What do you think it is?  Is it true that caffeine can cause lumps?  I am afraid that now it had been so long, that if it is something, it will be very progressed...Can I have cancer at 26?
1 Comment

You should consult your doctor or breast specialist. You would need to get this investigated and get relevant investigations done to reach a confirmed diagnosis.

You would need to get a mammogram or ultrasound done and then maybe a needle aspiration or biopsy would be done.

But since you say the lesion is present for 5 years now, and as no change in size or any other symptoms have been noticed the chances that this is malignant are less likely.

You should talk to your doctor and also get tested for tumor markers.

Let us know what your doctor tells you. Hope this helps.

Good luck.