Breast Cancer Expert Forum
How concerned?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How concerned?

I am a 43 Yr old with no family history of breast cancer. This past december my ob/gyn found a lump in my left breast. I had a mammo and ultrasound. The mammo said interval increase in tissue density outer upper of left breast. The ultrasound found 4 common cysts at that location. Birad rating of 2. No apparent masses. One week later my surgeon aspirated the cysts. They were all from .9 to 1.7 cm in size. The fluid appeared OK and I was told to come back in 6 months. One month later my ob/gyn checked me and said to go back to my surgeon. The surgeon checked with an ultrasound and seen what to me looked like another cyst. He aspirated it and it was just some blood which he sent for cytology. He did not seem concerned and feels it is injury from the previous aspiration. After aspiration he said there was still some thickening at the sight. He wants to se me in a month. How concerned should I be that it may be more than cysts.