Breast Cancer Expert Forum
How long do Taxotere side effects last

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

How long do Taxotere side effects last
I was scheduled to receivec Taxotere for 12 weeks but was taken off after six weeks because the side effects became too severe.  How long will the numbness in the tips of my fingers and the pain in my hands last.  I have been off Taxotere for nearly more than two months.
Dear Radi, Generally, the numbness, tingling or burning sensations go away within a few weeks or months after the treatment is stopped.   Rarely, the numbness may be permanent.   There are medications that can be prescribed to help decrease the pain and discomfort associated with this condition, discuss with your oncologist if he/she would prescribe something.  Some suggestions of medications that have been helpful with this condition are gabapentin (an anti-seizure medication) or amitriptyline (an antidepressant medication) used in low doses.
does headache last for more than a week after receiving taxotere?
I am trying to find some specific information about the hepatic and neurologic side effects of Taxotere in someone who has advanced gastric cancer with liver mets and ideopathic neuropathy