How to find inflammatory breast cancer
I have a puffy area on one breast, and a little pink spot near the nipple, and some very subtle differences in the areola compared to the other breast.  Maybe people would think I'm crazy to think it's that weird, but a PET scan showed active lymph nodes in my axillary region and neck and blood tests show elevated sedimentation rate and high gammaglobulins (possible cancer, but nonspecific so not necessarily).  I am having a mammo tomorrow but feel it's unlikely to show anything, and want to know how to check for IBC before it is so advanced it's too late.  The skin changes are so subtle.  Are there lab or imaging tests?  Would the PET scan have shown anything but the lymph nodes?  I had i done at Mayo and they don't just answer your questions on the phone,  you have to write, wait for a report, etc.

Thanks,
Wondering1719
See the question below re: 'What does IBC look like"
Often it takes a skin biopsy to diagnose IBC. Usually the entire breast is red, hot and becomes larger but there are exceptions to every rule. I would suggest that you have the Mammogram and any other testing that may be recommended until you obtain a definite answer to the problem.   Regards ....
yes, japdip is right. In my case it showed up on mammogram and ultrasound and biopsy.