Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Hyperplasia???
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hyperplasia???

I have received by phone the "preliminary" results from my two needle localized biopsies. (both biopsies on same breast)
The doctor said at this point it looks clear, but there is hyperplasia there. My question is, with the hyperplasia can it ever disappear? Or is this something I will have to keep an eye on forever.? The surgeon had said that there was still some test that pathology has not received back yet. In your opinion could this be something (these other test) that could go from "at this point it looks clear" to "it looks like cancer"?
Note: about 1 1/2 years ago I had microcalcification removed by loacalized needle biopsy, and they had found ADH,and having 2 biopsies at that point, never had children my doctor suggested for me to take Tamoxifen. I know ADH is not necessary a pre cursor for cancer but how often does someone get cancer who does have ADH ?

Thank You, So Much!