Hysterectomey
I am 43. I had a double mastectomey earlier this year. I am now taking Tomoxifin. In about two weeks I will be having surgery to remove my ovaries. We are discussing having my uterus removed also due to my  taking tomoxifin and due to a very large fibroid in my uterus. I am not sure what to do. I have been told that Tomoxifin can cause cancer but it is a very low risk. I have had such bad luck though. My risk for returnig cancer went from 11 percent to 50 percent after they ran a few more tests. I went from having an insutu cancer with just a lumpectomy to stage two in my lymph nodes and an double mastectomey a few months later. Later I was told by my oncologist that I should have had chemotherapy but that it was too late now. Now I am supposssed to decide if I should do just my ovaries or a hystorectomey. I am very unsure and need some advice.
I'm not sure where you learned that Tamoxifen could cause cancer since it's a routine part of treatment for hormone receptor positive cancers. Since you obviously were under the care of an Oncologist following your breast surgery with lymph node involvement it seems rather odd that you weren't advised to have Chemo at that time. Something seems to be missing here unless the cancer was a 2nd primary cancer and not a recurrence. As to your question regarding the removal of your uterus along with the ovaries ..... I would advise that you obtain a second opinion but at the same time I'm not sure of what use the uterus would be, especially since you mention a "very large" fibroid. I would still consider a second opinion with either another Oncologist OR a GYN on the uterus issue. Regards ....
A rare, but serious side effect of tamoxifen can be the development of uterine cancer.  Women who have not had a hysterectomy should have regular pap smears and gyn examinations while taking Tamoxifen. Abnormal vaginal bleeding should be reported to your health care provider.

The pros and cons related to the decision about removal of the uterus--as they apply to your specific case--should be discussed with input from both an oncologist and GYN.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly