Breast Cancer Community
I am male with problems.about breast cancer.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am male with problems.about breast cancer.

I am 70 years old. my nipples have recently turned white, I have no discharge but have felt pain in my left breast. I have had shingles in my head for several years and my skin has pink arears, could this be conected and should I seek medical advice.
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
When nipples turn white,it could be a blood circulation problem when the blood flow to the nipple is limited .
The pain in your left breast, may not even be related to a breast problem,but could be due to several other factors, such as muscle strain,your ribs, your spine ,acid reflux and also your heart .
Most men do not feel breast pain due to breast cancer,but infections,cysts or fibroadenomas could cause breast pain, just the same as in women.
I doubt that the shingles you had on your head ,could cause breast pain, unless the chest area itself was affected.
Yes, I think it's best to consult your doctor for a clinical breast exam and also to make sure that your heart is healthy.
Wishing you all the best...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...