Breast Cancer Community
I found a hard mass in my left breast and chest wall. Now my left arm ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I found a hard mass in my left breast and chest wall. Now my left arm is weakening.

I have a hard potruding lump near my left clavicle bone, near my sternum.  I found this when I felt pain and touched the area around 3 weeks ago.   Then my left breast started to hurt, so I did a self exam and found a hard mass in my left breast.  Now my left should down through my arm feels extremely weak and has been hurting and tingling for the last week. I am thinking about going to the hospital but would rather not because I have no insurance.  I am only 30 years old and have had melanoma cancer at 25.  Wouldn't I be a little young for breast cancer though?
Please get it checked out by a proffesional - cancer is serious if it is cancer, and your outlook is much better if you do something now; don't wait and risk being sorry.
Absolutely get to a doctor to get checked!

You mention you had melanoma. Where and how long ago? Has anyone else in your family had cancer of any kind?

Please let us know what the doctor says. And please don't ignore this.
My name is Lila Ann and i am a 49 year old woman from Hawaii and this past Thursday i noticed a fold of skin thats attached to the side of my nipple and was wondering what it could be, I have never had a mammogram in my life and i went to see my OB-GYN he had left for the day so my internest was in her office and had her take a look at it she examined my right breast and started pressing and prodding down my breast to see if she could feel any lumps as far as she could tell she said she can't feel anything abnormal, However she said that my right beast looks a little bit retracted what does that means? I 'm guessing its not a good word in other words retracting, dimpling, indention. She made an appointment for me to get a mammogram since i never had one i am scheduled to have a mammo on Aug. 25, 2010 and i am  "TERRIFIED" of what they'll find! When i squeeze my right nipple i have no bloody dishcharge, no discharge, no redness, no swelling, no itching, etc. However my right breast nipple looks kind of different from my left breast nipple and my left breast also has that little fold like skin attached to the nipple! I am "TERRIFIED" of the worst if u know what i mean! If anyone can tell me whats wrong i would so much appreciate and answer. Thanks to all!!

Regrards,
Lila Ann