Breast Cancer Community
I have a sore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I have a sore

I have a large sore on the side of my lest breast. SOmetimes it is an open wound and at other times it has a scab on the top of it. I dont know if it has anything to do with breast cancer but I was hoping that someone could answer my question. I am only 18 and getting married in july and dont want to have to continue to have to worry about this. Latley it has seamed to be getting smaller but the size, color and feeling often change. Sometimes it hurts and at other times I forget that its there due to the fact that there is no pain. I would greatly appreciate some kind of explination if at all possible.

Thank you so much

concerned and looking for answers

your time is greatly appreciated!!!!

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesion.

From what you describe, this seems to be a skin ulcer or eczema. But it would still need to be clinically examined by a breast specialist or your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis.

You should keep the area clean, wear lose clothes and avoid any trauma to the site.

Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like a breast lump, skin changes, nipple discharge, etc?

Let us know about what your doctor advises and post us about how you are doing.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
I was hoping that I wouldnt have to go to the doctor. I know that I need to, but I dont have any insurance and we are barley getting by as is. I have felt my self often to make sure that there are no lumps but I cant tell whether there is or not? How can I tell if there is one? I have never had a mamagram done by a doctor. There has been soreness in my breasts latley,but not server. I have a tiny bit of white dischage that goops up in the hole of my niple every once in a while but I wasnt sure if that was abnormal or not? I am very concerned!

Thank you so very much.

My Graditude                

A nipple discharge is significant and needs to be investigated further if it -
- is persistent,
- comes out without squeezing the breasts or any stimulation,
- is bloody or foul smelling or altered,
- is associated with a lump, nipple or skin changes etc.

You would need to consult with you doctor and get a clinical examination done to find out the cause of your symptoms.

Do let us know if you have any more doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

I will make sure to get to the doctor the second that I have a chance thank you! I also have one more question for you, my belly button often hurts and when I go to clean it some yellowish stuff comes out and it doesnt smell very pleasant! Do you know what be causing this?

Sincerly
Concerned

It could be infection or some pustule or boil. Nothing can be said wth surety without a clinical examination.

You need to get this checked out too next time you visit your doctor.

Glad the post was of some help to you and that you are going to seek medical consultation for your symptoms now.

Do let us know about what your doctor advises and post us if you have any other doubts.

Regards.