Breast Cancer Community
I have been dealing with this for 7 years now

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I am 22 and have been dealing with dense breast and fibrocystic breast changes since I was 15!!!  I have never done Mammos since I technically not old enough, but I have had several ultrasounds.  I finally was sent to a general surgeon who specialized in breast cancer and he assured me it was cysts.  Well needless to say, he passed away unexpectedly and I was living out of town for a while, so ALL my ultrasounds that I have had over the years are gone and I have to start all over again.  I went today for an ultrasound and same old " you have dense breast tissue and it looks like you have fibrocystic breast changes", YEA I knew that.  So hopefully I will find out from my Gyno Friday what the results are, but I am going to push for the whole area to be removed, it is causing too much pain and my bra rubs against it and pushes it out over the bra.

This discussion is related to dense breast tissue and breast cancer.
My sisters are in their 40s,50s and 60s now and only one got cancer. They have coped with fibrocystic breasts since their teenas too.

As you age, you will find that this is small in the scheme of things.

As to your ultrasounds that have been lost, the docs have to keep them for a lot of years,. I would suggest some research in the library or  a call to the imaging company or hospital the doctors were associated with and I would be willing  to bet they can be found.

Good luck.
Fibrocystic changes are very common in women, and yes, they can be uncomfortable. But you don't want to have breast tissue removed just because of fibrocystic discomfort.  You would merely continue to have discomfort in the other parts of your breasts, as fibrocystic changes involve the entire breast. Changes in diet, a different bra, etc, are the way to start. If you drink coffee or caffeinated sodas, STOP. Eat foods rich in vitamin E.
Like about 40% of women, I put up with fibrocystic breasts since adolescence. Quitting caffeine had the most positive effect. Otherwise you just wait for menopause like me.
Because fibrocystic changes are affected by hormones, you will have times of the month when you are more or less comfortable. There are numerous internet sites that can give you info on living with this very common condition.
i was diagnsed with fibrocystic breast disease like 8 months ago.intially i had a moblie lump in my left breast near my armpit.that usually use to become small with onset of periods.but now  its increasing in size and also i feel the same lump in my right breast now.i had my last ultrasound done 2months ago and they told me i have multiple cysts in both of my breast.my doc told me there is nothing they can do about it.my breast becomes v tender and painful ,more fuller thorughtout the month.i am v concerned.i dont know how to handle all this.somre friend of mine told me that flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil capsules would help me is that true does anyone know about that plz advice
I would suggest you start a new thread for your question.  

When you post a question at the end of someone else's old thread, it can be easily overlooked by people who assume you are just adding an additional reply to the old question.