Breast Cancer Community
I have found a pea size lump under my armpit is it cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

My sister has found a small pea size lump underher armpit, she has been to the doctors and the doctor examined her and thinks it is on her lmyph nodes, he has referred her to the breast clinic and she has received her appointment and is going next week. She is 28 no history of breast cancer in the family and of good health, maybe a few pounds over weight. What could it be? could it be cancer? When she goes for her appointment will she find anything out there and then? please reply im worried sick.
1 Comment
someone just posted a very similar post somewhere, pea size lump under arm, and was told it was a cyst. so it doesnt mean its cancer, it could also be some sort of infection. i take it she doesnt have any other symptoms? its possible but probably unlikely to be cancer. good she got the appt to get checkd out tho.