Breast Cancer Expert Forum
IBC diagnosis after bilateral mastectomy
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

IBC diagnosis after bilateral mastectomy

I was originally diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer in 2000. I went through lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I had another diagnosis of the same type in April of this year. I had 4 rounds of chemo first then had a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. My chemo was finished in June and my surgery in August. I now have had a diagnosis of IBC. My oncologist says this is very unusual to have cancer appear so soon after mastectomy and chemo. Do you think I should go to a clinic like MD Anderson or is there another place that may have good experience with IBC? My oncologist has worked with MD Anderson but he has not offered to help me get an apt there.  Should I contact them on my own? How much time should I take trying to get a second opinion? I like my oncologist and do not want to step on his toes, but I am scared.