Breast Cancer Expert Forum
IBC in both Breasts?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

IBC in both Breasts?
I posted about breast infections and did get some awesome repsonses, which helped me pursue my issue further.  I did have another question, has anyone ever heard of getting IBC in both breasts? I know it may spread, but I've had infections in both breasts and I'm hoping this may indicate that it's just an infection and nothing further.  

My Dr. is researching further but is not familiar with IBC and has not treated anyone w/ bilateral infections, with no apparent reason.  I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, first very worried and scared and then fine.  

You are all so brave and strong and I appreciate reading your other posts to know it's natural to feel worried.

I will keep checking on everyone's results and keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, for peace of mind...
Maria
Dear Maria, Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) is a rare type of breast cancer accounts for only 1 to 4 percent of all breast cancers.  It is called inflammatory because the first symptoms are usually a redness and warmth in the skin of the breast, often without a distinct lump.  It will often be thought of as infection and be treated with antibiotics.  IBC would not get better on the antibiotics.   That
I would say find a new doctor soon. It may be nothing. Or it may not be cancer but there is something going on. Are you seeing a breast specialist? I posted below on your other post with a few questions.
I have to doulbe check the other questions.  I just made an appt. with a breast specialist for Tuesday.  I have to bring my mamo and ultrasounds to him with reports.  I was initially waiting for my dr. to get back to me, but she hasn't.  She was checking w/ a colleague of hers from out of state.  At first I wasn't worried, so I wasn't being as proactive.  Now I am.  I guess any questions I have are just a way of venting, because truly, the dr. would be the one to verify anything.  It's just that when I researched the IBC, the women were missed by their dr's.  I think asking others in a similar situation is very informative.
Thanks again for your response and I hope you are doing ok today.
Maria