Breast Cancer Community
IIB Triple Negative Occult Cancer with CHF
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IIB Triple Negative Occult Cancer with CHF

My 56 y.o. Caucasian mother was diagnosed in February...after bilateral radical mastectomy, they cannot find the tumor in the breast- it had only been detected after MRI (she also had DCIS in other breast, detected in mamogram (mammogram), not triple neg).  12  nodes were removed; two had cancer.  To complicate things, she had two stents put in back in September after having 30 percent ejection function from idiopathic cardiomyopathy.  Docs are talking a chemo cocktail of TCH- is this Herceptin?  If so, why since she's HER2/NEU negative?  I understand that it has minimal cardiotoxicity, but is it less effective against this cancer? And with this being such an unusual cancer, is it worth the investment (can afford it) to go to a teaching hospital ie MSK or Anderson?  What about prognosis?  Just an idea would be nice.