If Hysterctomy is a good option while deciding on Tamoxifen
I was diagnosed my BC, grade 2 Her2+, Er+/PR- at the age of 35trs. Had a masectomy and resonsctrution on om right breast. That was on AC chemo for 3 mths and now on weekly taxanes and hercetin for 3month.
I will be on tamoxifen and am undecided if I should go for Hystrectomy. I had endometrosios 3 years ago and was removed. I have a cycst in my right ovary. i just so confused with all this at present.
Even though you are considering having a hysterectomy, the ovaries are a primary source of estrogen,but they do not account for all of the estrogen in the body.Also removing the ovaries would not eliminate all of the estrogen.The adrenal gland continues to produce androstenedione, which is converted to estrone and estradiol in body fat and in muscle and skin cells. Tamoxifen, which is a medication to diminish estrogen in the body, would still be recommended at the standard dose. For this reason, removing the ovaries is not usually done.  Tamoxifen is given to ER/PR + women even if they are post menopausal.Please talk to your oncologist who is the best source of information and can  make you decide how to proceed.Best wishes.