Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Inflamatory Breast cancer

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Inflamatory Breast cancer
I have been antibotic & cream for a week looks better but not gone Still has a orange look and a little red Should I do biosey or not. I have had breast cancer in same breast 2 times dcis 2003, invasive stage 1 2004 did chemo & radition. any info on inflamatory cancer would like info
Dear lpeg1254, Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) is a rare type of breast cancer accounts for only 1 to 4 percent of all breast cancers.  It is called inflammatory because the symptoms are usually a redness and warmth in the skin of the breast, often without a distinct lump. IBC would not get better on the antibiotics, and symptoms would be unlikely be showing signs of improvement.  The skin on the breast like anywhere else on the body is susceptible to rashes/irritations etc.  It is not possible to say what this is without benefit of further questioning and physical examination.  It is best to check back with your doctor to reassess, and evaluate if there needs to be a change in the treatment of this problem.

Hi peg - to be safe I would have your bc surgeon or Oncologist look at your breast. It is possible, although rare, to get ibc after idc.

There is a great US site for those with inflammatory breast cancer - you can post there and I am sure one of the very knowledgeable ladies will respond. You can find it at:
***@****

You could also try posting on our UK breast cancer site for any help:
www.breastcancercare.org.uk

Again, the ladies will help you. Both sites have been invaluable to me when you often feel a little silly asking your bc nurse or surgeon. You have very valid concerns. Googling ibc will give you a lot more technical detail and photos. IBC is a very aggressive cancer so I would see a specialist as soon as you are able, even just to put your mind at rest.

Take care.
Liz.
Hi again - this system wouldn't let me get the URL through so try this:

ibcatibcsupport.com   - use the ampersand key @ instead of "at".
Hope this works.
Liz.
Thanks for your info. have surgeon watching it had biosey waiting for results. hope for the best.