Breast Cancer Community
Inflamed lymph node in breast
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Inflamed lymph node in breast

I have had a lump in my breast for about three years now. I went and got an ultrasound on it and they told me it was a lymph node. I then had a follow up appointment with a surgeon and he confirmed it was a lymph node that I was feeling, but he told me he has no idea why I have been able to feel it there for so long. He asked me if i have ever had an infection or injury to that arm or anything and i have not. He couldn't tell me anything. They all treat me like "oh its nothing to worry about" because i am only 20, but it still scares me cause i don't think it is normal to have a lump in my breast and i don't want to just leave it there. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone had a similar experience?