Inflamed lymph node in breast
I have had a lump in my breast for about three years now. I went and got an ultrasound on it and they told me it was a lymph node. I then had a follow up appointment with a surgeon and he confirmed it was a lymph node that I was feeling, but he told me he has no idea why I have been able to feel it there for so long. He asked me if i have ever had an infection or injury to that arm or anything and i have not. He couldn't tell me anything. They all treat me like "oh its nothing to worry about" because i am only 20, but it still scares me cause i don't think it is normal to have a lump in my breast and i don't want to just leave it there. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone had a similar experience?
Mammary lymph nodes are not usually any reason for concern. I am wondering though why you are so worried after having this for 3 years ..... I wouldn't say it is normal to have a lump in the breast but there are several benign conditions that cause breast lumps. I would like to advise you that in the future if you find something that seems abnormal in your breast that you NOT wait 3 years to have it examined.  Regards ....