Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Inflammatory Breast Cancer and Pancreas Tumor
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Inflammatory Breast Cancer and Pancreas Tumor

My mother was recently diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer and is now undergoing chemotherapy treatment.  We just learned that she has a tumor on her pancreas (the other tests that were done show other areas are clear.)  Her oncologist said it could either be a benign tumor, the breast cancer spreading, or a separate pancreatic cancer.  The doctor does not want to stop the current treatment to do further testing on this tumor.

I haven't heard of breast cancer spreading to the pancreas - is this common for IBC?  I'm concerned about the spreading or - what seems even worse - pancreatic cancer.  Are we being foolish to just have my mother continue her current treatment - should we insist that this tumor be investigated further?

Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated.