Intramammary Lymph Nodes
On my mammo they found 3 intramammary lymph nodes.  I had an ultrasound and MRI to confirm.  I was seen by a surgeon who felt that they were probably benign.  He wants to wait 3 months and do another utrasound to see if there has been any changes.  My mother had breast cancer twice at ages 43 and 50.  I am 44 years old.  I have not been comfortable with the wait and see answer.  No one can tell for sure if there is any cancer cells without doing a biopsy.  The last few days the area that they found the lymph nodes has gotten tender.  I really do not know what to do.  Anyone have any input.

Thanks Beth
Hi Beth,
Watchful waiting is a reasonable option in patients with a suspicious mass in the breast.  You will note for any changes in the character of the lymph nodes and report it to your doctor.  However, since you have a family history of breast cancer, I believe a biopsy of the lymph node would be better.  Perhaps you can ask your surgeon if a biopsy can be done now instead of observing if there will be changes in the character of the lymph nodes.
Take care.