Breast Cancer Community
Intramammorary lymphnode

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Intramammorary lymphnode

Had a mamogram (mammogram), had to go back for another and an Ultra sound! They said they found what was an Intramammory lymphnode in my right breast. The Radiology Dr said they are common and nothing to worry about and just make an appt. for my usual mamogram (mammogram) in a year! They said at one point it was 3-5mm. On the ultra sound screen it showed  (.677cm by .672cm). I am still concerned as to what to do after reading other stories of "possible" cancer, biopsies etc.....  I don't know if I should pursue this further or start relaxing once again for a change. Thank you for any help!
It's true that mammary nodes are not unusual ... if the node were found to be terribly enlarged or showed some other indication I'm sure a biopsy would have been recommended. If you stop reading so much perhaps you can relax .... tracking the size of the node of course will be noted on your next Mammogram. Regards ...
I do agree with Japdip - the internet is full of studies of various types and often reading through these, instead of providing us with helpful insight, causes unnecessary fear and anxiety.

The most important piece of information that you need right now, has already been provided by Radiology that they feel there is nothing to worry about.

But, at this point, you still do have other options open to you.

Get another second opinion. Sometimes doing this is definitely worth the money spent as it gives peace of mind. Breast Cancer is scary, it does cause fear and seeing another clinic could help ease your concerns.

The other option you have, is to request another mammogram at 6 months, rather than wait for the entire 12 months.

Hope this helps