Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Inverted Nipple

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Inverted Nipple

Recently my mother told me that she had just noticed that she developed an inverted nipple on one of her breasts.  I have looked up various information about it and have found no real answer to my question, which is: CAN THIS BE A SYMPTOM OF BREAST CANCER.  She has had several benign lumps removed from her breast and as far as I am aware, there is no breast cancer in her family.  My mind would be at ease if I can find an answer to my question.  (She is 61).  I understand that to only truly find out is for her to go to her doctor but until then, is there any information you can give me regarding my concerns? Thank you.
Dear Concerned:  A nipple that has recently inverted on one side is cause for further investigation.  Sometimes the presence of a tumor in the breast can cause tissue to
I am 27 mother of 1 ,I nused my daughter for 21 months without a problem my question is ,I have always had an inverted nipple on my right brest .Is there anything I can do to make it go way. Is there a surgery? And do I need to be concerned with brest cancer?
I would love any info you have for me thank you for your time!
A related discussion, inverted nipple was started.