Irregular Hypoechoic Lesion????
Can someone explain what my breast ultrasound report is actually saying?  irregular hypoechoic lesion near 12o'clock 1 cm from nipple. measures 10.7 x. 4.2. x 10.0 mm. There is increased through transmission and internal debris or wall thickening. No fluid within this lesion.
On sonograms, hypoechoic lesions with irregular margins and with no fluid detected,is considered to be a solid lump, that needs to be investigated.
A lesion having irregular borders,doesn't necessarily mean something bad,sometimes fibroadenomas (benign lumps) can present this way,as do other benign lumps.
Do you know what is your BI-RADS score stated on your Ultrasound report?
BI-RADS are numerical codes typically assigned by a radiologist after interpreting a mammogram/ultrasound.
The classifications go from 0 to 5.The higher the score the more suspicious is the finding.
I don't know if a biopsy has been recommended,but as you well know,this is the only way to find out the true nature of this lump.
Wishing you all the best...
Thank you for your reply.  I rechecked all 3 of my ultrasound reports and none of them have a Bi-Rads code.  When I called to check on this they told me they only give those to mammograms.  

I had a follow up with the surgeon and am scheduled for an excisional biopsy on the 21st.  We are all praying for B9 results!
Hi again,
BIRADS was developed by the American College of Radiologists as a standard of comparison for rating mammograms AND breast ultrasound images.I am surprised that on your Ultrasound report a BIRADS score was not mentioned.I had them included on  both tests....
Anyways,it's a good thing that you are having an excisional biopsy soon,so you will know for sure what's going on.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too ,and I hope that your results will be found "Benign"
During the waiting time,(which for most of us is nerve wrecking to say the least), try to keep busy as much as you can,go out, see friends, enjoy doing the things you most like.Time will be shorter you'll see!
Please keep us updated if you wish, by adding any further questions on this same thread as you did before.When all the info is together in one thread, it does help us to better understand your case and assist you the best way possible.
I sincerely wish you all the best and good luck on your upcoming biopsy...