Is 3rd generation chemo beneficial for node negative patient?

I mention before that my wife is young and node negative. CEF (120mg Epirubicin = 60mg on day 1 and day 8 for 1 cycle)  is what the oncologist suggested. She is almost finished with the first cycle.

I will meet the oncologist before the next cycle to clarify why he is not using FEC (100mg or 75mg Epirubicin) rather than the high toxicity CEF.

I red about FEC-D (FEC follow by docetaxel) which is 3r generation regimen that could be even more beneficial for her according to Adjuvant Online!. Also...less Toxicity. Our oncologist said that Taxanes may be not that beneficial for HER- negative like her. I am confused.

Any opinion on this one?
Also...si it be a problem to change regimen after 1 cycle knowing that we keep the same drug (ex.: CEF->FEC or CEF->FEC-D)?

Thank you,
Andrew
Hi.

Using taxanes may indeed provide an additional benefit in terms of percentage of survival, but I think that this added benefit will just be small (less than 5% increment), and this should be weighed against the potential side effects of adding docetaxel.  If ever you and the oncologist will decide in using docetaxel, then the FEC is given first for 3 cycles, then followed by 3 cycles of docetaxel.  Taxanes can work well with both her2 positive or her2 negative patients, it is just that the her2 positives can derive more benefit from more aggressive therapy.