Breast Cancer Community
Is 3rd generation chemo beneficial for node negative patient?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is 3rd generation chemo beneficial for node negative patient?

Hi,

I mention before that my wife is young and node negative. CEF (120mg Epirubicin = 60mg on day 1 and day 8 for 1 cycle)  is what the oncologist suggested. She is almost finished with the first cycle.

I will meet the oncologist before the next cycle to clarify why he is not using FEC (100mg or 75mg Epirubicin) rather than the high toxicity CEF.

I red about FEC-D (FEC follow by docetaxel) which is 3r generation regimen that could be even more beneficial for her according to Adjuvant Online!. Also...less Toxicity. Our oncologist said that Taxanes may be not that beneficial for HER- negative like her. I am confused.

Any opinion on this one?
Also...si it be a problem to change regimen after 1 cycle knowing that we keep the same drug (ex.: CEF->FEC or CEF->FEC-D)?

Thank you,
Andrew