Is it normal to have a 7mm nodule
I just had a mammogram last week and they found a symetrical 7mm nodule on my left breast near my armpit wold that be in our near my lyph nodes? and they are doing another test next week. It was 4" 3 yrs ago and now it is 7mm.
Hi there.

It is very hard to gauge just by mammogram regarding the very nature of this nodule.  Indeed, this nodule may represent a swollen lymph node or an enlarged milk duct or lobule.  I would agree with the additional tests to be done such as an ultrasound or an MRI, and also pursue more invasive tests such as a biopsy procedure if all these tests would still be equivocal.

You can also ask your radiologist about the BIRADS classification of your mammogram which can give us a clue of the nodule is more likely benign or malignant (you can learn more about birads: http://biradsclass.blogspot.com).

For now, continue to examine your breasts for any changes and report them to your doctor.  regards and God bless.