Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Is this lymphedema?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is this lymphedema?

Six weeks after a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy my breast began to swell.  Chemotherapy was delayed to rule out IBC.  Test results came back negative for IBC.  I have since had 3 rounds of chemo and swelling has gone down considerably but is still evident.  There is no pain and swelling is only in the breast.  

Is lymphedema possible with only one node removed? Does this swelling normally go away?  Has the chemo caused the reduction in swelling?  

I am also five months pregnant.  

Thank you for your reply.