Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Itchy nipple, swollen areola
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy nipple, swollen areola

For the past two days, my left nipple has been extremely itchy. There is also a small lump about the size of a pimple on my areola, just above the nipple. The swelling in the lump goes down every so often, inconsistently, and then it returns. There is no discharge or skin discoloration, and no one in my family has ever had breast cancer, so I doubt that's what it is, but you can't be too careful with things like this. Even if it's nothing to worry about, could you please tell me some remedies to make the itching stop? It's driving me crazy.