JAP123
I had a lumpectomy 2 years ago------received radiation using brachytherapy.  I was put in a study group to use exemestane.  Prior to the exemestane, I showed no osteoporosis in my Dexa scan.  I now am showing that I have Osteo.  ALSO, I have been experiencing numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes.  All of my blood work come back O.K.  I know that osteo is a side effect of exemestane.  Could the numbness and tingling also be a side effect of this drug??
Dear JAP123,   Exemestane is an aromatase inhibitor used as adjuvant therapy in the treatment of early stage breast cancer in post-menopausal women with hormone receptor positive tumors.  Neuropathy has been reported in association with exemestane although rarely, less than 1%.   Be sure to bring your symptoms to the attention of your oncologist who can evaluate them in context of your situation.