Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Joint pain on Arimidex
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Joint pain on Arimidex

I have been on Arimidex for breast cancer since ?September 2003, and have developed almost crippling hand/joint pain.  I ache all over, but in the morning, my hands are almost clawed.  I'm only 50, developed cancer in february of 2003.  Could the Arimidex be causing this?  Would Voltarin or Neurontin help?
Related Discussions
Dear lechug:  Joint pain is not a common side effect of Arimidex http://www.chemocare.com/bio/bio.sps?iBiographyID=9075.  But, sometimes side effects can occur that are not common. Your best bet would be to discuss this with your doctor.  If there is sufficient evidence that the Armidex is the culprit, there are other medications that can be tried.  Your doctor can better comment on whether to treat you symptomatically or look at a different breast cancer drug.
4 Comments
Blank
i developed  bad joint pain on arimidex.  I ended up with both knees replaced.  When I stopped the arimidex  the joint pain lessened a great deal.  Can't comment on the other meds as I did not try them.  On femara now without much joint pain.
Blank
I'm wondering if many people have had trouble with Arimidex not staying down.  I had a strange problem after 1 month of no problem then severe nausea.  Would the other aromatase inhibitor-Aromasin do the same thing possibly without the same side effects?
Blank
I've been on arimidex since 12/03 and also have significant pain in my hands, as well as feet, knees, hips, shoulders.  I am seeing a rheumatologist for it now because my docs say it would be a rare side effect for arimidex.  The situation you describe with your hands in the AM applies to me as well.  It is hard to get my hands unclenched in the mornings.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank