Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Knot in breast after Stereotactic biopsy

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

I had a bilateral stereotactic biopsy on 11-20-06. It is 11-24-06 and I have a knot the size of a lemon in my left breast.  The knot is hard, and there isnt a knot in my right breast.  My breast is tender, and hurts when I raise my arm .  Is this something to be concerned about.
Dear bat42563:  There are several possible explanations for a hard painful lump after biopsy. Without examination, we cannot speculate on the cause. You should contact your surgeon and let him/her know. You may need to be examined to be certain there is no infection.
If it's that large and that painful I would certainly contact my Physician as soon as possible. It may very well be a minor complication but it needs to be checked out.
I have the same thing in my right breast.  I had a stereotatic biopsy a year ago.  What happened with your lump?
A related discussion, Hard Knot after Biopsy was started.