Breast Cancer Expert Forum
LARGE Bruise on right breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

LARGE Bruise on right breast

Hi, I am new and have a ?
I took a shower this afternoon and when I took my shirt off I noticed a LARGE black bruise on my breast. I have not done anything physical or had any other Trama to that area. I should also add that I do not bruise easily.

Its about the size of a baseball and like I said is VERY Black. When I first saw it I thought I had a pen leak all over and it got on my chest. but its not that and its starting to worry me.

I have not changed medications or added anything new to my daily routine to cause this and my Husband and I have not had intercourse during the last week so I know it could not have been caused by that.

Any advice would be helpful.
Tags: bruise, Breast
Dear jenlyn911:  From what you describe, it sounds like you have a hematoma (or a bruise).  A bruise is simply a broken blood vessel that bleeds into the skin.  While we may remember an obvious trauma, it is possible that you may have hit the area just right and broken a vessel without remembering it.  These things can take a long time to heal.  If you are worried, you can have your doctor take a look to make sure there is no other possible explanation.