Breast Cancer Community
Left breast discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Left breast discomfort

I'm 23 years old ,
3 years  ago I noticed a  small lymphnode on my left armpit. approximately 1 cm with round shape and smooth, soo I had a breast ultrasound , and showed everything normal and the lymphnode that i've noticed was reactive gland 1 cm,but it didn't dissapear and  the fact that it won't  go away makes me worried  ( size and shape in unchanged of course). ???!

Also these days I'm feeling a undefined discomfort on my left breast (It's not pain) ??!

I did a self examination on breasts :no bumb, no nipple discharge and retraction, no dimbling , no skin changes ,no redness or heat  ,no growing vein,left breast is a little bigger than the right breast BUT   I't seems that inframammary ridge  is a little bit thicker  on the left breast especially  when I'm lying down ( Is this something to worry about?

Need some guidance and answers. Thanks for your time.

The normal size of a lymph node ranges from a couple of millimeters (1/16 of an inch) to about a centimeter  (1/2 an inch).
Lymph nodes in the axilla area,can swell because of an inflammation or infection somewhere in the body and can remain slightly enlarged  for a very long time even after the infection is gone.
The discomfort in your breast could be due to hormonal fluctuation.Since you are young,you obviously have dense breasts and when you are performing a breast self exam,it's not unusual to notice one breast larger than the other or feel both lumps or ridges within the tissue of the breast.
I don't think you should worry about the things you are describing,but if you have any doubt concerning your breast's health,you should see your doctor for a clinical breast exam and you could also ask him/her to order an Ultrasound to make sure that you have nothing to worry about and for peace of mind.
Take care...
thank you :).