Breast Cancer Community
Left breast pain & enlargement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left breast pain & enlargement

I am a 45 yr old woman, post menopausel.  I had a total hysterectomy when I was 29.  Last summer, I began experiencing intense left breast pain and that breast has enlarged and itches.  I went from an A cup to a B cup in the left breast.  I had an ultrasound and mammo last summer which were normal.  A few weeks ago I had another diagnostic mammo and ultrasound, both normal.  The only thing the radiologist noted was that my left breast had a significant increase in size compared to the mammo of last summer.  The only other symptons that I have is a few weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night and it felt like my left breast was on fire.  I do not have any rashes/or redness.  The pain has recently moved into my left armpit as well and I can see an extreme change in the appearance of my left breast as opposed to my right.  My gyno did not note any lumps/masses on my breast exam but she has scheduled me to see a surgeon.  The only history of breast cancer in my family is my maternal grandmother.  Any idea of what could be going on?