Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lt. Hip Pain and Fear of Bone Mets
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lt. Hip Pain and Fear of Bone Mets

I completed chemotherapy for stage 2b bc in February and radiation in May. During chemo I had a bone scan which was negative along with all of the other regular scans. My chemo regime was 4 a/c and 4 taxol.

Recently I have had alot of discomfort in my lt. hip.  It hurts more with movement and when I press on the area.  Nevertheless, I am concerned that something could be wrong as every ache and pain calls my attention to it since my diagnosis. I receive my care at the Cleveland Clinic where I am employed as an RN.

I had an MRI of my spine a couple of months ago for back pain which also came back negative, but I did not have the hip pain that severe at the time.  Sometimes aleve helps and sometimes nothing does.  It seems to come and go and varies with severity, although lately it is there pretty much all the time, (again especially with movement). I do have diffuse osteopenia, I am 43.
A response would be appreciated.  My onc. told me in July that I don't need any more scans!  Thank you.