Breast Cancer Community
Lump + Discharge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump + Discharge

Hi,  I am 37 y/o and have been having sticky yellow discharge and there is a lump in my right breast.  I have been to the Dr for a mammo and there was" A little something" spotted in th area in question.  No one seems that worried but me.  I finally have an appt with The Faulkner Breast Center in Boston as my primary Dr is livid that my Gyno has done nothinh (my PCP is herself a BC survivor but it took 11 rs to finally diagnose her).  This has been going on since March and I am worried.  We know it is not an infection or prolactin related. Does anyone havr any advise??
Related Discussions
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    My 24yr old daughter found a lump high up on her breast ...[more]
  • breast cancer (1 replies):
    is any nipple discharge before pregnansy cause of brest ...[more]
  • PLEASE HELP!! (1 replies):
    hi,i have a 24 year old sister that noticed a bloody dis...[more]
  • hii (2 replies):
    my mom 44 years old ,has 11kids, has noticed balck disch...[more]
  • Breast Pain (2 replies):
    I am 42 yr women I am experiencing pain on both my breas...[more]
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,
Benign or non-cancerous breast conditions are very common. In fact, most breast conditions or changes found in the breast and examined under the microscope are benign and these changes can be found in most women.Many symptoms of benign conditions are the same as those seen in breast cancer.
A benign breast condition often causes a lump or area of thickening. It may or may not be tender to the touch.In women in their 30s and 40s, benign conditions (fibroadenoma, fibrocystic changes, atypical hyperplasia) are also the most likely causes. Cysts (non-cancerous, fluid-filled sacs) and non-invasive cancers (ductal carcinoma in situ, or DCIS) are more common in older women.
Non-milky discharge from benign conditions is usually clear, yellow, green, or brown in color.Discharge from a single duct (bloody or non-bloody) can be caused by benign conditions such as intraductal papilloma and duct ectasia (see below), but can also be due to precancerous conditions (such as DCIS) or cancer, and should be looked at right away.
A mammogram will miss some cancers, and it sometimes leads to follow up of findings that are not cancer, including biopsies.
Most recent studies have found that MRI is the most sensitive test for detecting breast cancer in women at high risk of breast cancer. Breast ultrsound is another option.If one of these tests is used, it should be used in addition to, not instead of, a screening mammogram.
You can access more information on the following website http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_6X_Non_Cancerous_Breast_Conditions_59.asp?sitearea=
Regards and God bless.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...