Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lump in Nipple and Breastfeeding
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump in Nipple and Breastfeeding

Currently breastfeeding since his birth, 8 weeks and since then have noticed a small pea size lump under my nipple.  It is located on the where the skin meets the nipple colored area.  I know this was not here before I gave birth and started breastfeeding.  I did get a breast infection in the other and took medication to help.  I am assuming that if this was a blocked duct I would have gotten sick long before the other breast got infected and it has not nor has the lump moved or gotten bigger.  Wondering if I have concern for something more serious than a blocked duct?