Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Lump in Right Arm Pit

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Lump in Right Arm Pit

I just found a lump in my right arm pit. Reading about theese it seems like it could be a swoolen glad or something, but what concerns me is mine sounds a bit diffrent then the others I have been reading about. I have no pain. Very minor discomfort when it is pressed on, but barely. Also it is big, really big. I noticed it streching this morning, for some reason I rubbed it with my left hand when my right was raised and there it was. I would say it is about the size of the palm of my hand. Maybe a bit smaller. When I raise my arm it seems to take up my whole arm pit and I don't have the normall dip you have there. Whem I lower my arm, you can still feel it, but it rejacts into the arm pit a bit more and is not nearly as noticable. So it is bigger then others I have read about, but I don't have ANY pain. Now I am just getting threw with my monthly and I also just started a wieght watchers diet a little over a week ago, I have lost five pounds but I still weigh 225lbs, and I have been feeling some of the effects of the wieght I have gainned. Could this be realated to the diet. I have been exercising but just walk and jack knifes on an abb lounger, no weights or anything to hard (I am wanting to loose a few pounds before I start thoose.). I plan on drinking lots of water and monitoring it over the weekend and if it is still there and not any smaller on Monday I will go to the doctor, but some comfort in what this could be would help me feel better.I am a 27 year old mother of four and cancer has been hitting my family strong lately, should I be concered?
Dear zee_tiger,   Without benefit of physical exam, being able to ask questions etc. it is difficult to comment.  It is possible this is a lymph node that you are feeling however it is best to have this checked out by your doctor.
I have posted a similar question today about a swollen armpit.  I was wondering how yours is doing or if you have seen a doctor about it yet.  Thanks!!