Breast Cancer Community
Lump in Rt breast/ Milk duct inflammed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Lump in Rt breast/ Milk duct inflammed

I got a sonogram mamogram (mammogram) today and recived my results back as well. There has been a lump on my rt breast that has been bothersome for the past 5 months. The results showed that I do not have any cysts but the Dr. said that my milk duct glad gets larger depending on my hormone levels in my body. They only looked at the pin pointed area in which I was feeling tenderness and the lump at time before my period. I am 28yrs old never had kids. Is this something that is common? Am I going to have to deal with a pain in my breast every other 2-3 weeks?
I did not ask him but was he able to possibly tell that the glad gets swollen or is it an educated guess? I did let the lady know that the lump disappates then returns with my period.
Thank you for your help. Still concerned:(
1 Comment
Is the lump in the area of the milk glands or in another area ?? It seems that it could be one and the same or perhaps not. I would advise you to see a Breast Specialist regarding this problem. If it is a ductal issue then some form of treatment is available. I would want a better answer or some solution for your complaint.   Regards ....